A conversation with Rich Jones on data integrity for credit unions of all sizes
We’re kicking off a brand new series of video/audio podcasts with a bang, with our first guest, CU strategy superstar Rich Jones!
The GoodiDiz concept is simple. Credit unions do a lot of good in the world — and they’re also a strong and sustainable business model. So we’re exploring the good ideas, both inside and outside the CU world, that can do a lot of good while also being good business.
In our first episode, Rich and I talk about the power of good data in helping good people make good decisions. Data is potentially a powerful advantage for credit unions of all sizes.
Today, we’re tackling a piece of the data puzzle; how do you make sure you have good, clean data? It’s a lot more complex than it seems at first, but you don’t have to be a gigantic credit union to start getting a handle on your most important data.
You’ll enjoy plenty of real-life examples along with Rich’s clear, understandable insights into the process of getting good data, including:
- What Data Integrity Means for Credit Unions
- The Four Data Realities
- Three ways data can get out of sync
- Definitions matter
- How Credit Unions of Any Size Can Start Building a Data Strategy
- More Data Is Not Better Data
- Understanding What Data Exists, Not What You Hope Exists
- Making Data a Top Priority in Vendor Selection
- Building a Data Team
- Who “Owns” the Data Function?
- Data as a Service
- Data Governance
You can learn more about our guest Rich Jones and get in touch via his website at www.Leading2Leadership.com.
Your host is Brian Wringer, Wordsmith and Big Idea Guy for iDiz, Inc. You can get to know me and get in touch right here, at www.cuidiz.com
Feedback? Questions? Got a few Good Ideas of your own?
Get in touch if you have questions or feedback for Brian or Rich! And if you’d like to be a guest on GoodiDiz, let us know! We’re interested in all kinds of good ideas that help all kinds of organizations grow and do more good in the world.
- Make your CU website pay: getting to know your members - June 28, 2022
- Huge credit union opportunities in the news - June 21, 2022
- Mission is your credit union’s not-so-secret weapon - May 31, 2022