Intranet Websites for Credit Unions
Intranet sites have the power to connect all departments, highlight important objectives, improve efficiency, and preserve organizational knowledge.
Communication and Sharing
The most basic use for an intranet is to quickly communicate news, updates, current/upcoming events and marketing promotions. No matter how dispersed your staff, everyone receives all project and product updates, changes, reminders, and other day-to-day announcements like security reminders.
It’s also important to share. Sharing news about each other, not just the work, helps strengthen the bonds between employees and gives everyone an important added support network. You can share galleries of photos or videos from CU-sponsored community events as well as baby pictures, weddings, birthdays, promotions, graduations, and other important events in your employees’ lives.
Resources and Documents
Document management (or the ability to integrate with cloud-based systems such as Dropbox or SharePoint, if that’s what you prefer to use) is another essential part of every credit union intranet. This means making documents, forms, procedures, and other essential information easily and consistently available and searchable.
You can reduce errors and frustration by making sure everyone is always working with the latest versions of things like:
- Printable and online operations forms
- HR forms and disclosures
- Compliance forms and information
- Training and certification materials
- Operations proceduresBranding manuals and resources
- Emergency documents and procedures
- Staff and building directories
- FAQs and more
Of course, the possibilities don't end there. There are quite a few features that can be added to your intranet site as it’s built or later on, such as:
- Custom branding to match your website, brand visuals, and marketing materials
- Online training and testing tools
- Online forms and e-signatures
- Support ticket system (for internal and member-facing problems)
- A regular blog, advice column, or even cartoon or photo of the day.
- Social and messaging tools to build community internally, and share team-building kudos. For example, you might choose to have your own internal “CUBook”, a forum, instant messaging, or even an employee-to-employee marketplace.
- Collaboration and project management tools such as calendars, visual task management tools, and file sharing
- “Gamification” elements to track and encourage sales and service goals, and give recognition and feedback
- Polls and surveys to gather feedback from staff
- Safe reporting for dangerous behaviors, harassment, etc.
- A password-protected Board or Management portal to handle sensitive materials and discussion
Make it Yours
Every credit union has its own unique brand and culture, and its own unique mix of ideas, needs and wants. So it’s important to actively manage your intranet; listen to feedback, encourage participation, be willing to experiment, and add capabilities when needed.
Flexible, Familiar Technology
We build credit union intranets using the same proven, highly flexible, and familiar WordPress platform we use for credit union websites, and we host them using the same highly secure super reliable managed hosting.
This ensures your intranet can adapt, grow, and add new capabilities based on your needs and processes; you're never stuck with the limitations and expenses of a proprietary or specialized platform. WordPress powers over 30% of the world's websites, so thousands of high-quality plugins are available to add almost any kind of capability, and the interface is already familiar to just about anyone who has worked with websites.
And since your intranet is not hosted internally, you eliminate the risk and expense of managing, monitoring, and securing a server. Plus, your intranet can more easily form a vital part of disaster recovery plans.